This week has been crazy. Crazy crazy crazy crazy. So I’ve been going in between two different playlists to keep up. One is called Zen (I need it, ok) and the other is Beale (always vacay dreaming).
Zen has some really relaxed tracks on it, which is the whole point. I even have some Sigur Ros on there so you KNOW it’s a Zen playlist – they go between Icelandic to a language they made up. It’s intense.
Beale is a bluesy-southern rock feel. If you asked me my favorite genre, this would be it. I think part of the reason I love it so much is that it feels like home. I have tracks on here by bands from Mississippi and a singer out of Baton Rouge/New Orleans. Hearing some of these songs reminds me of walking around the French Quarter.
Here are my top five tracks from each playlist:
1. Julep – Punch Brothers
2. Arsonist’s Lullaby – Hozier
3. Lead Me Home – Jamie N Commons
4. Smother – Daughter
5. Wild Ones – Bahari
1. Honey, Leave the Light On – Kristin Diable
2. Violent Shiver – Benjamin Booker
3. Crazy Woman – Joseph LeMay
4. For the Man I’ve Known – JP Cooper
5. Like Rock & Roll and the Radio – Ray LaMontagne